- Publisher: ToolWiz
- Price: Free
- Compatible with: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Version: 1.6.0
- File size: 1.0 MB
To create a safe, you just go through a simple wizard to create a file container, set the size and then create a password. You will then see the container file that you created in the Mount Manager, which means that it is open (not encrypted). Go to My Computer and you will see your safe with the name BSAFE DISK and a drive letter. Double-click on it to open, then copy or drag your files into it.
When you are finished adding your files to the drive you can encrypt it by closing the safe. Just go back to the Bsafe window and click on your safe in the list, then click Close Selected Safe.
You can move the file container anywhere on your computer after creating it. I like to do regular backups of the files on my computer and I always include my file containers. Bsafe is very good encryption software and I have nothing but positive things to say about it and the team that made it.
Note: It is very important that you remember your passwords because you will not be able to decrypt your files without it.
- It is completely free for home use
- It creates a virtual disk on your system
- You need to know the password to open the files that are stored in that virtual safe
- You can create numerous safes on your computer
- You can define different sizes for the safes
- You can also change the password of the safe at any time
- Use 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) to encrypt your data