WinSCP is free and open source FTP client software. It also supports SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure Copy Protocol). WinSCP is easy to use when connecting to a server. If you are connecting to a FTP server, all you need to enter is the host name (server), port number (port 21 is the default for FTP), username and password. You can choose between the Commander Interface and Explorer Interface. The one that you chose is a matter of preference. The Commander interface shows two separate panels with one side for local directories and the other side for remote directories. The Explorer Interface only shows the remote directories. They both support drag and drop and keyboard shortcuts. WinSCP is user-friendly and does a good job with uploading, downloading, and managing your files. Overall, this free FTP client is easy to use and it is well-maintained.
- View/change folder and file permissions.
- Rename, move or delete files and folders.
- Open, edit, and save files on the remote server without the need to download them locally.
- Synchronize your files between local and remote directory.
- Backup your website fully or partially.
- Drag and drop support
- Remote file editing
Screenshots of WinSCP FTP Client
- Publisher: Martin Prikryl
- Price: Free
- Compatible with: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.
- Version: 5.15.3